I am undertaking the task of changing my life through a book called, "This Book Will Change Your Life" by Benrik. You might at first think that this will be a deep soul searching experience but you'll soon realize it's just random shit. Example: Day 57 - Try a food that scares you, Day 145 - Start an urban myth, Day 298 - How do you know you're not adopted? I may get arrested, I may meet new people, I may learn something about myself, but really...I'm doing this so I can say I've done something crazy every day of 2010.

Now, please keep your hands and feet inside the car until the ride has come to a complete stop.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4 - World Coloring in Day

Today I am to color the flat world map I am given. Green for been there, blue for intend to get there this year, yellow for intend to go there before I die, and red...happy to never set foot there again. This is how it goes...basically:

Green:
US, Mexico, Canada, Jamaica, Aruba, Spain, France, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, whatever Yugoslavia is known as these days.

Blue:
Italy, Florida, Vegas

Yellow:
Brazil, Venezuela, Peru, Chile, South Africa, Madagascar, Egypt, the rest of Europe, India, Thailand, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Papanew Guinea, Turkey... (this list will go on).

Red:
Happy to never go to French Canada, the middle of South America (Bolivia, Paraguay), most of Africa (Kenya, Chad, Sudan, Zambia...), some of Eastern Europe (Latvia, Ukraine, Romania...), don't want to get too much into Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Iraq, Yemen.

Through this exercise I learned that there are actually a lot more places I don't want to go than I thought. I found out I can go to Mexico for $600 for 5 days all inclusive, I just wish I could go. I thought I always wanted to "travel the world" but looks like there aren't many places I want to go, oh well.

Side Note: A great guy I know died Christmas Day. Today was his funeral. I want to share the two most important things I've learned: Tell people you love them, and hug people, like really, really hug people. That's what Charlie did... and that's what Charlie, through his life, was able to teach me.

1 comment: